Sunday, April 22, 2007

Fatigue, Continue.

Tired seems to be common phrase that is buzzing around my ears recently. I strongly credit the sudden promotion of the usage of this word to the upcoming NYP Musical which is due to kick off this coming friday.

Perhaps in a good sense I cant see the opening show on Friday for I have to give make-up tuition lessons to my Pri 2 kid for his upcoming Maths Exam on 8th May. Besides, most people I know are also going to watch the Saturday show so we can all celebrate properly after the musical. I can only pray for all of the performers that they will maintain their best of health so that this musical will be a great success for all of them. So much hard work, so much tears. There were a few times when I did feel a slight pang of regret that I cannot share this burden with them but I guess being there as a supportive audience is the best I can do for now.

As of my current state now I am also nursing a 39 degrees fever. I do believe it will do go down in a matter of hours after taking that panadol but it still feels odd to blog in this light-headed state of mind. I can't even be sure if I will remain coherent a while later when the drug effect kicks in and I start to roll my eyeballs and sway in my vision. Ever wondered how its like to continue blogging in a state when you are concious of yourself slowly losing conciousness and still struggle to finish up what you need to do? It's not the same as struggling to stay awake because staying awake simply requires a jolt to the body like a loud noise or an action like hitting your arm real hard so your brain registers an electric shock [somethin like that] and transmits new brainwaves to awaken the slowly deteriorating muscles. Kinda bio I suddenly sound. Hmmm, maybe the drug is starting to take effect and I am now just penning down whatever comes to mind. Funny thing is - I'm still concious and I'm definitely not just prattling off some inane nonsensical gibberish which will just seek to create a loss of interest in continued reading.

Ok perhaps this direction is goin off-track. I do realise this sickness is an accumulation of past months of continous working on weekdays and some weekends as well. Not in the sense I stay in the office all day but I would burn my weekends just doing research for upcoming projects on my weekends just so that I can improve my product knowledge by a tremendous pace so that I can stabilise myself into the role as soon as possible. The results have finally started to show but so too are there results of fatigue being converted into sickness for my health. Felt a bit weird in tango today but I set down my determination and focused for just that 2 hours. I can only remember Yeeshan's words in my head," I have to want to perform."

When I heard his short comment of saying I have improved my heart leaped. To hear his short sentence of praise I know it does not come easy because Yeeshan is never easy-going on compliments. I only wish I could find enough time to re-train myself properly in jazz and lyrical hiphop when my project really stabilises. Seeing the SA auditions for the new batch of juniors last saturday just made me feel that most of them do not know how lucky they to receive a structured training syllabus which will guarantee results although they have to learn to combat stress first.

But I see good hopes for this new batch of juniors. Some of them already display energy when doing Peter's jazz chereo. Something which is not easy considering their age or amount of experience to proper jazz chereo.

Sigh. Time to continue with my rest. My brain is slowly sinking into oblivion.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didnt know that my compliment will really make an effect to my fellow dance mates. Anyway i really see improvment in ya tango today hope u will b able to improve n increase ya passion to dance everyday^^.Bro lets work harder to reach the highest lvl of dance.

2:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

especially dis junior here rite . mwahaha . -points to myself- i did so well rite ! hehehe ! xD

go go ! rest ! :D cya soon !

2:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home