Monday, December 11, 2006

Drooping

I am beginning to lose counts of how many times I have closed my eyes for short, quick periods of napping. Make that really short periods of naps like.. 10 seconds? My colleagues caught me in action for a few times and cautioned me to find some alternative to remedy the situation. Maybe I should start considering getting myself addicted to coffee as well. Seems that Lunch napping hours are beginning to be insufficient as well. In the first place they wouldn't really be effective for early mornin hours as I still have to struggle to keep myself awake till the lunch hours before I get some deserved rest for my dying brain cells.

Events and Celebrations are comin up fast and furious [pls don't remind me of the Teriyaki Boyz song, I'll commit murder without hesitation] and so is the festive mood for everyone. My Company is having an extended lunch break this comin thursday. Seems like this carolling group for a home called GraceHaven will be putting up a short performance for us on thursday 11:30am and after the performance we'll be having a potluck session as well. Hmmm, I have volunteered to bring otah for the whole group of company's perm staff. At least it sounds like I don't have to bleed from this potluck. A certain colleague volunteered to bring chicken wings and nuggets. My God. Good luck if you're not plannin to cook or fry them yourself.

In addition, seems that word has somehow spread amongst my colleagues about my dance background and now I have an all-guys team on my hands which I have to chereo a hiphop routine and let them perform on our Christmas cum Dinner & Dance Night on the 22nd December. My God [yes yes again I know] this is ridiculous. What do they expect me to do? Throw a song and just let them stand there and shake? These are guys who have no clue on how to even move properly and I only have like 10 days to get them to learn and remember steps and perform? Argggghhhh. Somebody just pass me a knife I'll perform the Japanese act of Hari-Kiri.

I am not lamenting about the lack of routines or steps that I can come up with for the performance's chereography. I'm worried about how to teach them. Like I said how do you teach someone to "bounce" in like.. 5 sessions? And I'm not talkin about other real basic stuff like asking them to show strength when dancing.. Sigh. *Covers face in hands* Should not have said yes when the Big Boss shot me this arrow to implement this item. I'm already scratching my brains inside out on even what song to use to perform. There's no way I can use a fast song because they won't be able to keep up with the tempo. Tell me please someone, how do you use a medium to a slow speed song to come up with simple but nice moves that does not require any or very little techniques to perform perhaps a 2min song? *Screams in agony*

I'm also surprised my brain is able to load so many different chereographies till now.. Hiphop [for SA and Jitterbugs.. oh and one for myself as well], Jazz [SA], Waltz.. V Waltz.. Salsa.. Rock & Roll.. [under Ballroom]. Oh yeah, surprise! Project Dance NYP has just been formalised into a club! Its called... Le Ballroom En Masse I think.. some french name which I have no idea how to spell it properly nor pronounce it properly yet. Bah, french. Should have just let me try to roll my R's properly first.

Alrite, back to work. Admist the pending dark clouds brimming outside my office window and the strong winds that are picking up and threatening to blow away everythin in its path.

A sign? You bet. Challenges ahead.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

tkcare of ur leg! :D

12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home