Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Calculations

It does not require much effort to realise that the rainy season is here again. During the ending months of the annual weather periods, occasional showers across the island favors the daily routines. Rain, rain go away. Come another day.

Here I am back at home again. The result of a petition by a number of the night shift reservists who tried to liaise with the Head of the Reservist Unit claiming on grounds that the active units have gone back home thus the support side of the reservists would not be required. What had not been discussed or rather pondered upon is the fact the day shift reservists might debate in heated dissatisfaction as well. Which is the kind of response I got when I called a reservist friend and asked him about tonight's changes. Apparently the day shift people are unhappy that the night shift is not needed and thus we should come back tomorrow and serve as day shift so that the day shift people can rest instead. Hallo, so are you day shift calculative weasels prepared to come back at night and serve in our shifts or are you expecting us to simply sit back and serve a 24-hr shift? In the first place we [or rather myself] could always just kick back our legs and sleep in camp. I don't have to book out and make the long journey back home so as to lessen my sleeping hours. It's all because of a number of family-oriented night shift reservists who either drove or stay near the camp and wants to go back home at the slightest opportunity despite any possible repercussions. Why can't you anxious daddies just stay for one night and finish the damned shift? I mean, we've got a chance to slack legally in camp and you guys had to go wake up the commander and insist we book out despite that we have come back at 7am to sign out and eat breakfast? What a bunch of lard brains. I'm like almost 10yrs younger than you guys and I seem to be thinkin more logically than you old geezers.

And what's this discontentment I hear going around the day shift people that we night shift people are getting more welfare than the day shift? Asses for mouths and faeces for hearts. Bunch of happy-go-lucky guys should stay back and watch how we test the system over and over again including preparing all the virtual units for immediate mobility throughout the night so you chessplayer-wannabes can just walk happily in with the active units and start pressing keyboard controls for movement and war games when you report for day shifts. Yeah tats right, try having your sleeping and waking hours turned upside down and still try to keep a sharp mind on units placement and re-allocation throughout the night so that they can re-group together as a battalion in preparation for the next day mission. You happily separate all the units and we're expected to come back in and pick up the pieces and now you're calculating on how we should serve the same number of hours as you guys.

Kiss my ass.

Alrite fine, enough of grousing. This is really unbecoming of my usual self. I'm surprised why do I bother so much about reservist anyway. It disrupts my work schedules, my personal commitment schedules, turns my biological clock timings upside down and the worst part is that I didn't volunteer for any of these.

Coming saturday I'm also very worried that I might not be able to make it for the Viennesse Waltz class conducted by Michelle and Why Pong at 1:30pm. The last few workshops for waltz was really one of the key reasons that sparked my interest in social dances. I used to have a rather closed concept about partner dances because.. well I guess I'm not comfortable with someone being so close and moving together with me. Waltz changed all that [credits to Pauline, Wei Lin and Yeeshan for that LOL] and so it has now branched out into Salsa [or latin perhaps], rock and roll with other possible upcoming dances like jive, viennesse waltz and cha cha as well. Unfortunately the dark clouds looms over my head and the free saturday i had been hoping with abated breath is jus not realizing rapidly. With the active units dragging their mission timings again the part 2 of this exercise looks set to drag on for the whole saturday again and us reservist units are highly possible of being recalled back to "test and prepare for them"

How wonderful. I'm absolutely tearing with unexpressed amounts of joy.

Julian! Stop grousing! You sound like you're growing a long white beard and constantly stroking it while waving a crooked wrinkled finger at the sky and cursing in any possible manner at every other thing in this world that had caused you some form of upset. Direct or indirect.

Had been pretty inspired by some youtube videos online and was particularly inspired by how a particular guy called Castro or something on how the song for Omarion's "O" was interpreted. Took a few parts of their chereo, modified it and whoppee a new chereo is actually formed. Credits to Yeeshan for introducing me to that video. Even Zelia nodded her head and said it is a slight breakthrough from my old style. Problem is I am not successfully incorporating this new style into mine yet so certain moves looked odd when I'm tryin to execute them. Was listening carefully to all the various beats and finally settled on a new 8 sets of chereo. Yup, this will be something new for me indeed. Getting a little excited myself here.

Sigh, 20 minutes past midnight. Alrite folks. I'm putting my blog pen down for now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i havent seen that phrase 'old geezers' since my last book of archie comics. oh yeah, i haven't bought a new one in a week! boo! =((

haha you go, ju lee en! a breakthrough will not be far away if you persistenly err, persist. LOL. it really IS a different 'dance' part of you and i'm glad you're trying out different dynamics. just lack fluidity in movement. GO FOR BALLET LAH hahaha~

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home